We are too lazy to upload videos right now. I'm exhausted, Nick's exhausted, and Joel and Brittney are here for the moment. So this will be a few quick random thoughts, followed by a nice picture post tomorrow. We hope.
My calling (read "unpaid unvolunteer volunteer job") at church was just changed from nursery "worker" to Primary Pianist. Capitalized. I was super excited to get a break from the cutie-pie toddler set, particularly my own, but feeling sort of guilty for the relief. Which made me think about how wonderful, fabulous and tender the current nursery leaders in our ward are. Not only has this couple served in this capacity before, pretty recently even, but they go in there every week with happy smiles, prepared lessons and crafts, and hearts full of love. I'm so grateful for such great examples of heartfelt service. Seriously, hardly anyone wants to attend church and have only a third of the time spent with adults, and the rest relegated to the world of squeaky toys and dirty diapers. Particularly when they've survived raising their own kids. So thank you, nursery leaders everywhere, who serve with little attention and less glamour. I can learn from you.
I've pretty much composed another full dissertation in my head about some other topic which I was going to post, but I can't remember what it was. So on a random note: I have had real sinus trouble lately, and I can't take any decongestants, so I've been seeking alternate remedies and landed on the off brand breath-right strips. They work fine, but they give me an instant version of Grandpa's nose. Interesting. The fun part is my nose stays a bit too big for a good hour after I remove the strip in the morning. I'm getting desperate though, as my head has been trying to explode lately. Bleh.
That's all. I am going to bed now. Pray for a girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Okay, here are your lovely aunt's recommendations: chicken noodle soup (seriously); gargle with a bit of salt; drink hot liquids--tea with ample honey is good because of the tannins in the tea but chamomile or peppermint tea would be okay too; place a hot/warm washcloth on your face near your sinuses. The boys will want to do it too, I'm sure! And I read that honey works just as well if not better than most decongestants for a cough. Good luck, and Happy New Year!
I had sinus issues when I was preggers, too. Stinking horomones! Breathe Right strips were great. So was the tea/honey/washcloth your other friend recommended. But you might also try a netti pot. They sound gross (you pour salt water into one nostril and let it come out the other) but they work. Really well. And without any drugs at all. So if you aren't squeamish, or are but need relief anyway, you might try it out. I've seen them at Whole Foods and places like that.
For heavens sake, there is nothing like a good nose blowing...just kidding....I do sympathize. I recall one of my/our grandparents doing the whole hot salt water gargle thing. And yup, I still do that to this day when a little bit of sickness starts to come over me. I hope you feel better soon.
BTW thank you for thanking all the hard working Sunday School/nursery helpers. I hope my kids don't fry my brain so much that I am useless when I am older (and more gray than the present) thus limiting my ability to give back. I am sure 3 boys will never do anything like this.
Take Care...praying that you get a calm little girl that doesn't like to climb into everything, even when it is stinkin' hot.
Janine. I am also grateful for nursery workers and primary workers. I am totally overwhelmed at the thought of either one of those jobs right now.
Sinus stuff... my best friend had the same issues when she was pregnant. She drank apple cider vinegar. The natural kind. She said she could feel it drain. Gross, maybe. But there is a bunch of info on it online by natural remedy lovers. Good Luck!
Post a Comment