Happy Birthday Paul! The fact that you're 21 now freaks me out because I remember when you were born. I remember trying to get you to sleep. I remember taking you to the bathroom. And now, holy snot. Which is quite scary because I am doing the young mom thing right now, which feels like it will never end but I BET IT WILL BECAUSE LOOK WHAT YOU DID WITH ALL THE GROWING UP.
Happy Birthday P. I am so proud of you.
I posted this story on my facebook, but I don't trust facebook to keep anything/exist in a few years (but blogger TOTALLY will...right?) so I am copying it here.
Dani saying her prayers tonight was the best ever. Probably I should've videoed it, but text will have to do. Use your imagination.
Dani: (normal voice, head bowed) bless that I will learn my sit dive (turns head to the side, whispers leeeessssoooonnns). (normal voice bows head) bless that Mommy will watch me swim (turns head to side, whispers pooooool). Bless we'll read my book (itsy bitsy spiiiiiddddeeeerrrrr). Bless the rainbow (whisper is getting creepy now. Maaaaagggggiiiiiicccccc).
I may have giggled during her entire prayer.
Right??? You can't make this stuff up. Frankly, Dani is part deranged diva and part stand-up comic. She collapsed on the garage stairs as we came in from swimming because she was so hungry her stomach was hurting so BAD AND MOMMY WHY CAN'T I HAVE A FRUIT SNACK??? When I gave her some of her morning smoothie she drank two sips and ran off to play. Because her tummy said she was fine after that.
Sabrina just did a fabulous rendition of Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. There is nothing, NOTHING cuter on earth than an 18-month-old. She says things guys! Not many things, but she's getting there. I have a song I sing while I change poopy diapers (why do things like that happn? You're trying to entertain a squirmy toddler long enough so you can clean their bum before it smears all over the carpet and magically you've got a made-up song you sing every time. Let's be clear here: I am not Rogers OR Hammerstein.) It goes something like "She's a poopy girl, poopy girl, she's super poopy, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah..." I know. Anyway, Sabrina sings it now, or at least hits the "poopy girl" part, and sometimes throws in a "super" and then goes to town on the Yeah Yeahs. I love it.
Pictures are safely on the camera and the phone. So don't worry, we're keeping close track of them.
Thursday, June 13, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment