Things here have been clipping along. We went to visit Nick's mom in Idaho, and THEN my mom came to visit. Yipee! (Yip, Yipee, Yipitto!). Busy, busy. We were (don't be shocked) a bit forgetful and, among other things, forgot to bring our camera to Idaho. Luckily you can see pictures on Nick's mom's blog, here.
It was super fun to have Mom here, as always. We have a small list of Things We Do when she's in town. They include, believe it or not (who am I kidding, if you know us you believe it) a trip to DI. Let me just say, DI was a fabulous, crowded, happening scene this past Saturday. The boys are now the proud owners of a vintage little tikes kitchen. The ones from, like, 25 years ago. With the green awning and fold-out table--and no microwave. The boys eventually noticed the lack of microwave, which amuses me. Funny thing: I got them the Ikea play pots & pans over Easter, so their pots are nicer than their kitchen. Imagination reflecting real life? Maybe...
I had the following conversation with Reid today:
Reid: draw me a dragon
Me (drawing a dragon) here.
Reid: No, bigger!
Me: nope. draw a bigger one yourself (because I'm mean that way)
Reid: Add fire
Me: (drawing wavy lines for fire) Here.
Reid: Draw a man
I comply
Reid: Ow! OW! Ow!
He set his man on fire.
While Mom was here, we were in the garage doing...stuff, and Gage noticed our old non-sucking vacuum (which we keep because you never know when you'll need a vacuum that doesn't actually suck anything. You know, for a hood ornament or something) and Gage insisted we bring the red vacuum down (a fight ensued because I didn't want the good vacuum in the garage. We compromised on the hall) then, he made the vacuums "best friends" and their hoses played together.
Danica is hilarious as well. She learned to climb on the little toy bench we've got, but quickly discovered she didn't like falling off. She's solved this problem by crying for me as soon as she gets up there. She's still growing hair like a chia pet and has become a real expert on stranger danger. Don't worry Mom, next time she'll love you.
Sadly, our pictures are stuck in the camera as we've temporarily misplaced the adapter thing for the memory stick. Um, I blame Nick. Since no one knows who really lost it, this seems a good strategy.
We DID get professional pictures taken the other day, and I bought the CD, so I'll post those as soon as we get them. They are VERY cute. Very. Prepare yourself.
PS--I'm a little obsessed with the Skippyjon Jones books right now. Hence the Yippito! Stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment