
I suppose that everyone (pretty much) who reads this blog knows that President Hinckley (President and Prophet of the LDS church) passed away yesterday. I insisted that Nick sit and watch the news with me last night, so we didn't get our post up. Sometimes, I have to say, it is nice to live in Utah. All the news channels had a special edition honoring President Hinckley, and it was lovely to feel a part of a community, grieving the loss of someone truly amazing.
I remember that there was a bit, probably about eight years ago, when my co-workers at BYU where thinking that perhaps his conference talk of that year had been his farewell talk. I remember thinking at the time that I wasn't ready to let go of Pres. Hinckley. I think now though that while I will miss him, and his humor and love, he seemed ready to be with his wife again. I am so grateful the Lord blessed him to be with us for these intervening years. I can't think of another example of someone who loved and served so well.
It occured to me last night, as I watched pictures from his life flash across the screen, that President Hinckley wasn't a man of great stature in what the world often counts as important; he wasn't particularly handsome, athletic or rich. Yet, of all the people I can think of, he is one I would most like to be like. More than anything else, this speaks to me of his Christ-like character. You never thought of the way he looked or dressed. You never dwelt on the worldly things about him at all. Instead, he radiated discipleship. I never personally met President Hinckley, but as impossible as it sounds, I am as sure of his love for me as if he were my own grandfather. I can only pray that someday I might be blessed with a portion of that same kind of love for others.
As for my life, little happened this week. The boys will fold their arms for a moment (literally a moment) when we pray--it is cute and pretty exciting. Nick got all the vents in the house secured so I no longer have to fish my keys out of the air ducts. It is snowing like crazy outside again.
I will post a few videos and pictures of this week. Enjoy!
2 comments:
I can't believe Pres. Hinckley is gone. It is bittersweet. What a wonderful man of God.
On a lighter note...That video of Gage falling asleep while also getting fed is priceless. They are so cute!!! I love the pic with Nick, Reid, and gage on the couch watching cartoons-all having been visited by the hair fairy!!!
Okay so I just watched the video again...and that is so precious!!! Poor Gage, so tired and yet so hysterical. I am probably going to watch that video quite a bit. It just makes me laugh!!!!
Post a Comment